Photo recap of 2002 International Western
- The Canadian flag was escorted by bagpipers into the
hall during opening ceremonies. The bagpipe players are, from left: Don
Anderson of BLE Division 898 (Jasper, Alberta) and Bob Gallaher of Division
821 (Kamloops, B.C.).
IWC 2002 Chairman Will Amaya, podium,
welcomes guests during the opening ceremony on July 19. Seated, from left,
are General Secretary-Treasurer Bill Walpert; International President Don
Hahs; and GIA International President Onita Wayland. The convention was
held at the Tri-Cities West Coast Hotel in Kennewick, Wash.
- From left: Tim Donnigan, General Chairman of the Union
Pacific-Western Region, with Ira Happe and Bonnie Leake, both members of
BLE Division 766 (Las Vegas, Nev.).
- From left: Mike Weston, Legislative Representative
of BLE Division 186 (Denver), explains to GST Walpert how his division
has recruited a vast number of new trainmen members in recent months.
- From left: Steve Halbrook, President of BLE Division
94 (Gillette, Wyo.); Melna Bennett; and her husband Greg Bennett, Secretary-Treasurer
of Division 94 (Gillette, Wyo.).
- From left: Mark Ricci, Ph.D., Chairman of the Washington
State Legislative Board, and Tim Smith, Chairman of the California State
- From left: Bruce MacArthur, Union Pacific-Northern
Region General Chairman; Lee Pruitt, BLE International Vice-President;
and Gil Gore, Union Pacific-Southern Region General Chairman.
- From left: Richie Prevo, Legislative Representative
of BLE Division 647 (Phoenix, Ariz.) and Britt Staffield, Local Chairman
of BLE Division 647.
© 2002 Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers