Code of Compliance For Officers and Employees
Of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers Concerning Employers and Designated
Every officer and employee of the International, each General Committee
of Adjustment, State and Provincial Legislative Board and Local Division
shall comply with the following requirements:
- Read and periodically review the Rules of Conduct of the FELA Designated
- Abide by such rules insofar as they are applicable to officers and
- Refrain from any action that causes or may cause "DLC," or
anyone thereof, to violate the Rules of Conduct. An officer or employee
may not solicit or accept gifts, payments, monies, loans, promises or agreements
therefor, or anything of value (including reimbursed expenses) given because
of his or her position in the organization, from any employer or "DLC:"
- a. Who is attempting to promote the officer's or employee's candidacy
for office; or
- b. Who is attempting to influence any election on any issue within
the organization requiring a vote; or
- c. Who has interests that may be substantially affected by the performance
of an officer's or employee's official duties.
A gift does not include items of little value such as plaques and greeting
Unless the frequency would appear to be improper, an officer or employee
may accept food, refreshments and materials provided at a conference or
widely attended gathering or certain other events which an officer or employee
attends in his official capacity.
© 2002 Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers