Transportation Bill listening sessions: Rochester, NY, Indianapolis, Vancouver, Fresno
(For more details, please visit www.house.gov
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure will hold “listening sessions” and other meetings around the country to inform the Committee's drafting of a long-term reauthorization of the nation's surface transportation programs.
A listening session is not an official hearing of the Committee.
The Committee is seeking input on how to consolidate and improve the performance of programs, cut government red tape and streamline the project delivery process, increase private sector investment in our infrastructure, identify creative financing alternatives, and other ideas for writing the legislation. The previous multi-year law (SAFETEA-LU) expired in September 2009.
Details are as follows:
• Who: Chairman John L. Mica (R-FL), Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY) and other Members of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
• What: Public forum and listening session on long-term transportation legislation
• When: February 18, 2011; 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
• Greater Rochester International Airport, International Arrival Hall, Rochester, NY
• When: February 19, 2011; 4:00 p.m.
• Where: Indianapolis City County Building, Room T260, Indianapolis, IN
• When: February 21, 2011; 9:00 a.m. (Pacific Time)
• Where: Vancouver PUD Building, Community Room, 1200 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663
• When: February 22, 2011; 9:00 a.m.
• Where: Inyo/Kern Conference Room, University of California - Fresno; 550 East Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA (NOTE: this is a change from previous announcements)
Friday, February 18, 2011
© 1997-2019 Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen