RRB announces spring 2019 Pre-Retirement Seminars
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, February 14 — The U.S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has announced its schedule of Pre-Retirement Seminars for the spring of 2019.
Designed for railroad employees and spouses planning to retire within five years, Pre-Retirement Seminars will familiarize attendees with the retirement benefits available to them, and also guide them through the application process. Sponsored by the Office of the Labor Member, the program began in 2014 on a pilot basis. Pre-Retirement Seminars are held at a number of locations annually. However, persons wishing to attend must register in advance (registration form).
RRB field service representatives conduct each Pre-Retirement Seminar using a PowerPoint slide presentation covering the various benefits provided to retired rail workers and their families. Attendees receive a program booklet of this presentation with detailed side notes and fact sheets. In addition to the program booklet, seminar attendees receive a retirement kit full of informational handouts and other helpful materials. Online and downloadable versions of items included with seminar kits are available the RRB’s Educational Materials webpage.
Registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees.
• Unless otherwise noted, Pre-Retirement Seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and are held over the course of 4 hours. (Doors open for attendees 30 minutes before the seminar start time.)
• Security screening required for seminars hosted inside any Federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by State/Federal Government); no weapons permitted.
• Parking fee for seminars marked with *.
• Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a Railroad Retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
• Please let the RRB know if you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend.
Those who are unable to attend a seminar but may still be interested in learning about the railroad retirement program and application process should contact the RRB field office where they live. Search here via the RRB’s Field Office Locator or call toll-free (1-877-772-5772) for pre-retirement information or to schedule an appointment for individual retirement counseling at your local RRB field office.
Dates and locations of the RRB’s spring 2019 pre-retirement seminars are as follows (click here to register online at the RRB website):
• March 22, 2019: George H. Fallon Federal Building, 31 Hopkins Plaza, Room G-33 (ground level), Baltimore, Maryland*
• March 22, 2019: West Covina Library, 1601 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, California* (9:00 a.m. start time)
• March 29, 2019: Birmingham/Jefferson Convention Complex, 2100 Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard North, East Meeting Rooms D/E, Birmingham, Alabama*
• March 29, 2019: Maidu Community Center, 1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville, California
• April 5, 2019: Country Inn & Suites, 4500 Circle 75 Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia
• April 5, 2019: Hilton Garden Inn (Richmond Airport), 441 International Center Drive, Sandston, Virginia
• April 12, 2019: Ronald V Dellums Federal Building, 1301 Clay Street - North Tower, 5th Floor (Room H), Oakland, California*
• April 12, 2019: Drury Inn & Suites, St Louis Forest Park, 2111 Sulphur Avenue, St Louis, Missouri
• April 26, 2019: Holiday Inn Plainview-Long Island, 215 Sunnyside Boulevard, Plainview, New York
• April 26, 2019: Patrick V. McNamara Federal Building, 477 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1180, Detroit, Michigan*
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Like us on Facebook at
Sign up for BLET News Flash Alerts