Duplicate ratification ballot schedule for Thanksgiving weekend
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, November 22 — Voting continues on the question of approving the Tentative National Agreement until 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, November 30th. Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, the National Division Office will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th.
Due to the holiday office schedule, duplicate ballot requests received after 4:30 p.m. EST today will not be processed until Monday, November 27th. Requests for duplicate ballots to be sent via USPS mail will be processed until 4:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 28th,; however, the National Division cannot guarantee delivery via USPS mail for requests received that late. Requests for duplicate ballots to be sent via email will be processed until 4:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, November 30th.
Locomotive Engineer members working for the following railroads are eligible to participate in the ratification process:
• Belt Railway Company of Chicago;
• BNSF Railway Company;
• Consolidated Rail Corporation;
• CSX Transportation, Inc.;
• Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Company;
• Kansas City Southern Railway Company (including Kansas City Southern Railway, Louisiana and Arkansas Railway, MidSouth Rail Corporation, Gateway Western Railway, SouthRail Corporation, and Texas Mexican Railway Company);
• Longview Switching Company;
• Norfolk Southern Railway Company;
• Portland Terminal Railroad Company;
• Soo Line Railroad Company;
• Union Railroad Company;
• Union Pacific Railroad Company; and
• Winston Salem Southbound Railway Company.
Conductor and Trainmen members working for the Texas Mexican Railway Company also are eligible to participate in the ratification process.
Members who have not received a ballot should request a replacement by calling the BLET National Division at (216) 241-2630, ext. 222. When connected with the extension, please leave the following information:
• your name, address and phone number;
• the division to which you belong;
• the railroad for which you work;
• the date you were promoted to locomotive engineer;
• your date of birth; and
• the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Members also have the option of leaving their e-mail address if they wish their ballot, instructions and synopsis e-mailed to them instead of receiving it via first-class mail. However, e-mail requests for ballots will not be accepted because personal information is required to verify eligibility before a ballot can be issued.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Like us on Facebook at
Sign up for BLET News Flash Alerts