Health care mobile phone apps now available for rail workers
CLEVELAND, March 13 — If you are an employee covered under the Railroad Employees National Health and Welfare Plan or the National Railway Carriers and United Transportation Union Health and Welfare Plan (“National Railroad Plans”), your health information is now always accessible with mobile solutions.
Smart phone apps are now available for iPhone, Blackberry and Droid platforms. You can download these apps just like any other application for your device. You can find the online tools on any Internet browser by logging into or registering for access to the following secure member sites:
• Aetna: www.aetna.com (select Aetna Navigator Member Log In or, for new members, “Register;” Use the same process for computer or mobile device);
• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield: www.highmarkbcbs.com (visit the “Choose Providers” tab and download the application with a registration code you can obtain on the Highmark website)
• United Healthcare: www.myuhc.com (visit myuhc.com on your mobile device and use your same username and password you already use to login to myuhc.com on your computer); and
• Medco: www.medco.com (pharmacy mobile app).
Members can use these apps to help:
• Obtain your ID card information (pull up your member number and other pertinent information, even print a temporary medical ID card);
• Get cost and quality data for certain providers and services (member transparency tools can help you make more informed choices);
• Access claims information, popular tools and Explanations of Benefits;
• Find providers in your area, call them, and get directions right from your phone;
• Check your benefits and coverage information; and
• Contact member services by phone or email.
Information and tools are also available on secure Internet sites, which can be accessed by any personal computer via a unique and secure user ID and password. These sites have been optimized for viewing on your smart phone’s mobile browser.
New features, tools, and information are frequently being added.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Like us on Facebook at
Sign up for BLET News Flash Alerts