Open enrollment for the BLET Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, May 10 — The BLET is constantly searching for ways to add value to our membership, through initiatives like our Benefits of Belonging Program. The BLET Critical Illness (CI) and Accident Insurance (ACC) Plan has been an important part of that program. We are pleased to inform you that the Open Enrollment for these important benefits has begun and is open to all active, dues paying members of the BLET and their families.
We have made important improvements to the plan that are highlighted below. Please call Cornerstone Benefits Management with any questions or to enroll at 224-770-5307.
WHY ACCIDENT INSURANCE
After an accident, you may have out of pocket expenses you weren’t expecting. Can your finances handle them? Accident Insurance is an extra layer of protection that pays you directly when you or your family suffer an unexpected, qualifying accident. It provides you money to cover any extra, out-of-pocket expenses associated with your injury; everything from insurance deductibles and co-pays to helping cover rent and groceries while you recover.
WHY CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
Medical Insurance will cover you and your family from the exorbitant costs of treating life threatening illnesses such as being in intensive care due to COVID-19, cancer, heart attack, or stroke. However, additional personal costs not covered by medical insurance quickly add up and can devastate a family’s finances. Out of pocket medical expenses, missing work to take care of a loved one, travel costs to doctor’s visits, and even overnight hospital stays can bring on additional unexpected expenses. In the event of one of these big health emergencies, Critical Illness Insurance could be the only thing protecting you from financial ruin.
WHAT’S NEW IN 2021 –
• COVID-19 Rider – People everywhere are concerned about COVID-19. In response, we have added a COVID-19 Benefit to the BLET Critical Illness Plan. This cash benefit will assist with expenses should you be diagnosed with COVID-19 and confined in an intensive care unit (ICU) for 5 days or longer.
• Increased Benefits
• Member and Spouse can now elect up to $40,000 (previously was $20,000 for employee and $10,000 for spouse)
• Child(ren) can be covered up to $20,000 at no additional cost (previously was $10,000)
• Enhanced Wellness Benefit (now $100 for CI that includes payout for Children)
• Increased Accident Payouts for most services and injuries
The BLET Critical Illness and Accident Plan is different from major medical insurance. It’s insurance for daily living. If you’re sick or injured, it pays cash benefits directly to you to help address out-of-pocket medical costs, everyday expenses — whatever you choose.
Members with questions are encouraged to call Cornerstone Benefits Management at 224-770-5307. Or go online to www.blet-ci-acc.com. Open enrollment ends June 30, 2021.
Monday, May 10, 2021
Like us on Facebook at
Sign up for BLET News Flash Alerts