$500 Disaster Grants available to Help Union Plus program participants impacted by Hurricane Sandy
(BLET Editor’s Note: The following is a press release from Union Plus)
WASHINGTON, D.C., November 8 — Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to help eligible participants in the Union Plus Credit Card, Insurance or Mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to the disaster. The money does not have to be repaid. Funds are limited to the nearly $370,000 available in the Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, you must:
1. Have been a victim of the severe weather in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance. (CheckUnionPlus.org/Sandy for updates)
• CONNECTICUT: Fairfield County, Mashantucket Pequot Indian Reservation, Middlesex County, New Haven County and New London County.
• NEW JERSEY: Atlantic County, Bergen County, Cape May County, Essex County, Hudson County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Somerset County and Union County.
• NEW YORK: Bronx County, Kings County, Nassau County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County, Rockland County, Suffolk County and Westchester County.
2. Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the last six months due to the disaster.
3. Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Insurance policy or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
4. Describe his or her circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, union members who participate in any of the following programs can call:
• Union Plus Credit Card: 1-877-761-5028
• Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
• Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
Union Plus programs are truly unique in looking out for the welfare of union members. Credit card holders are also eligible for Union Plus grants that help union members who lose their job, are recently disabled, face high hospital bills or are forced to go on strike. The mortgage program also offers assistance that includes interest-free loans and grants for union members who are unemployed, recently disabled, locked out or on strike.
Union Plus Credit Card holders are encouraged to contact Capital One, the new Union Plus Credit Card issuer, at 1-877-761-5028, if you need additional assistance. Capital One has programs in place to help customers who are experiencing difficulties due to the storm.
Union Plus Mortgage holders, including anyone who is in the process of receiving a new Union Plus mortgage, are encouraged to contact Chase, who provides Union Plus Mortgages, at 1-888-356-0023 or tweet @ChaseSupport, for additional assistance and information.
For more information about the Union Plus disaster benefits, visit UnionPlus.org/Sandy.
Thursday, November 08, 2012
Like us on Facebook at
Sign up for BLET News Flash Alerts