Important notice: Open enrollment for former railroad employees and/or their dependents (Group Policy GA-23111)
(BLET Editor’s Note: The following is a press release issued by United Healthcare)
CLEVELAND, October 30 — We are providing you with this information in case you know of someone, including other members of your family, who is not currently covered but wishes to obtain coverage under this policy. This announcement does not affect your current coverage.
During the months of November and December 2012, United Healthcare will hold an open enrollment under Group Policy GA-23111. During this period, any individual who is eligible for coverage under one of the GA-23111 plans can enroll and will be accepted for coverage without any medical underwriting or requirement of good health. There are no limitations for pre-existing conditions. Enrollment in November and December 2012 will be for coverage effective January 1, 2013. Only those applicants whose completed Enrollment Form is postmarked in November or December 2012 will be considered for open enrollment.
The open enrollment is being held for former Railroad Employees (and their dependents) who:
• Were previously covered under any railroad health plan and were represented by a Railway Labor Organization; or
• Were members in accordance with the constitution or by-laws of one of the participating Railway Labor Organizations, when coverage under their applicable group health plan ended.
If someone you know meets these GA-23111 eligibility provisions, open enrollment provides an opportunity for them to be covered. Other eligible members of your family may also enroll if they are not currently covered. In addition, open enrollment under GA-23111 Plan F is available for railroad employees’ parents or parents-in-law who are eligible under Medicare. Anyone interested in enrolling should call one of the following phone numbers to get additional information about these Plans.
• For persons eligible for Medicare, call (800) 809-0453.
• For persons NOT eligible for Medicare, call (800) 842-5252.
You may also visit us on the web at www.rrinfodepot.com to get more information by clicking on the tab “Retirement Corner.” An Enrollment Form can then be viewed and printed by clicking on “To-Do List, Forms and Information” and then clicking on “Supplemental Insurance.”
• Plan A, Rate $355.00, Applies to: Persons eligible for coverage under GA-23111 except persons eligible under Medicare and persons eligible under GA-46000.
• Plan B, Rate $485.00, Applies to: Persons eligible for coverage under GA-23111 except persons eligible under Medicare and persons eligible under GA-46000.
• Plan C, Rate $625.00, Applies to: Persons eligible for coverage under GA-23111 except persons eligible under Medicare and persons eligible under GA-46000.
• Plan E, Rate $207.00, Applies to: Persons eligible under The Railroad Employees National Early Retirement Major Medical Benefit Plan (GA-46000).
• Plan F, Rate $185.00, Applies to: Persons eligible for Full Medicare Coverage.
Note: Each June 1, adjustments to the premium rates for all Plans under GA-23111 may occur. Additionally, if you are enrolled in Plan B or C and a change in the premium amount you pay does occur, you will be allowed at that time to switch with a lower premium (Plan A or B).
Tuesday, October 30, 2012